Pressure Cooker Beef Stew

Directions

Mealthy Tip

Out of wine? Use an additional cup beef stock instead! Also, have you ever wondered why you add Worcestershire sauce to recipes? This iconic ingredient imparts a unique flavor experience that rounds out and adds a hint of savory umami to any dish. It's perfect for a beef stew such as this!

Nutrition Facts

Per Serving: 652 calories; 32g fat; 41.3g carbohydrates; 43g protein; 136mg cholesterol; 1278mg sodium.

Full nutrition

Amount Per Serving
Calories 652 Calories from Fat289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32g 49%
Saturated Fat13g 64%
Trans Fat1.3g
Polyunsaturated Fat1.8g
Monounsaturated Fat15.4g
Cholesterol 136mg 45%
Sodium 1278mg 53%
Total Carbohydrate 41.3g 14%
Dietary Fiber5g 19%
Sugars4.8g
Protein 43g
Vitamin A142% Vitamin C38%
Calcium6% Iron32%

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:

Calories: 2,000 2,500
Total Fat Less than 65g 80g
Saturated Fat Less than 20g 25g
Cholesterol Less than 300mg 300 mg
Sodium Less than 2,400mg 2,400mg
Total Carbohydrate 300g 375g
Dietary Fiber 25g 30g

Calories per gram:

Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4

Reviews

What others are saying

Image of George Delamea

George Delamea says:

Made this for Sunday dinner with the FIL coming for a visit. It was terrific. Lots of buttered hunks of bread were sacrificed to mop-up duty with this stew. Great seasoning without overwhelming the beefy flavor. Used a bit ol' cab for the wine & finished the bottle before dinner (not just me. everyone! I swear!). Best part of cooking with wine, imho!

Image of Caro Hodgin

Caro Hodgin says:

I thought the potatoes in the video looked a little too big, so i cut mine smaller, but then they got over cooked. Now I know why they were cut so big :) will cut mine the same next time. Flavor was great.

Image of Katie Hason

Katie Hason says:

I love this beef stew recipe! It's our family's favorite dish, especially for these cold weather days we've been having lately. I always usually serve it with homemade mashed potatoes. The carrots and beef are very flavorful, thanks to the red wine and beef broth, a classic combination. The Italian seasoning was also a nice addition.

Image of Laura Griffin

Laura Griffin says:

My favorite part about this beef stew is that the meat didn't turn out dry. It was juicy and tender, which I love. This is a great recipe. Normally it would take me hours to make a stew, so to get it done in under 2 hours is awesome.

Image of Sara Jones

Sara Jones says:

This beef stew is divine! I added Bella mushrooms and pretty much did everything else exactly as recipe says. This stew was flavorful and the meat came out tender just like it does when i cook it for hours in a slow cooker except it only takes a fraction of the time to make in the pressure cooker! Even my toddler enjoyed it, I'll be making this again for sure!

Image of Leah M

Leah M says:

This was pretty good, but needed more seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. I also added an extra teaspoon of minced garlic. The halved potatoes cooked nicely and soaked up all the good juices. Overall I would make this again, I love the convenience of using my Multipot.

Image of Erica Schaefer

Erica Schaefer says:

When did beef stew get so easy? It's no longer an all day ordeal to cook up this classic comfort food dish. I strongly recommend using wine, that's what I did and it was fantastic. I also just used oregano instead of Italian seasoning.

Image of E Tinkl

E Tinkl says:

Possibly the best beef stew I've ever had. The vine adds an interesting flavor. Used parsnips in lieu of potatoes and herbes de Provence in lieu of Italian seasoning. Rich and complex flavors, smells heavenly. I will make this again.

Image of Steven Wineberg

Steven Wineberg says:

So simple and oh so good!

Image of Robert Mc

Robert Mc says:

I ordered a Multipot, and this stew was the first thing I made. Turned out really good...although I didn't use a whole cup of red wine. I did add a slurry to thicken the stew up. Also, I added lima beans, some corn, and cut greens. Leftover stew is really yummy!

Image of Theresa Urban

Theresa Urban says:

I left out the wine and added fresh green beans and corn, smells heavenly, but haven't tried it yet...it is still cooking and will let you know the results!

Image of Claudia Santiago

Claudia Santiago says:

Followed recipe as listed except for swapped regular beef stock for unsalted beef stock. Added salt at my preference prior to pressure cooking. Wine and Worcestershire add a kick of flavor. Hearty meal.

Image of Kiko Arismendy

Kiko Arismendy says:

That was a great dinner. Everything was perfect and everyone loved it. I will make it again.

Image of Tonio Conni

Tonio Conni says:

Perfect seasoning & came out great! I added red cabbage .

Image of Caleb West

Caleb West says:

Everything was perfect on the timing. Meat was perfect, and tender. The Italian seasoning was way too much and not enough salt. I would recommend adding more salt, especially to season at the end, and perhaps some more Worcestershire sauce.

Image of sarita Arora

sarita Arora says:

This was so quick and it turned it amazing! Thanks mealthy pot.

Image of Jess Goodwin

Jess Goodwin says:

Since the weather is chilly I figured I would try out this recipe. It was super easy and tasted delicious. Dipping bread makes the meal complete! This will definitely be a staple for my husband and I.

Image of Marlene Colerico

Marlene Colerico says:

Tastiest beef stew I've ever made. Fantastic.

Image of Robert Tefft

Robert Tefft says:

I used Carlo Rossi Paisano for the wine and added small portobello mushrooms cut in quarters. We love this recipe

Image of Anna Stallman

Anna Stallman says:

We had this for dinner with some crusty bread and it was delicious! I did not have any red wine so I submitted a cup of dark beer instead. I will definitely be making this again for the family.

Image of Emad Ibrahim
Image of Beverly Conway

Beverly Conway says:

Made this last night and both of us loved it. Was easy to make, the only thing I changed was added mushrooms. Very tasty and flavorful. For some reason, all the liquid cooked out. I am assuming it was operator error. The Mealthy pot is new to me, so I thought the pot was leaking too much steam while it was pressuring up - thought the lid was crooked or something so I stopped it and repositioned the lid, and I think that's why I lost all the liquid. Then I realized that it is normal for the pot to let out steam while it is pressuring up. Oh well, it was delicious anyway, and I am looking forward to consuming the leftovers.

Image of Justin Edwards

Justin Edwards says:

Quick, easy, and delicious.

Image of Erika Desreuisseau

Erika Desreuisseau says:

Holy mother, this was incredible! Made this on a cold day, and we gobbled it up! My husband went back for seconds, which is pretty high approval considering he doesn't like wine!

Image of Mark Mason

Mark Mason says:

I made this and it was awful. Extremely bland and needed a lot of doctoring up. I sure don't know where a of these 5 stars are coming from. ☹️

Image of Suzie Henson

Suzie Henson says:

My first meal in my Mealthy pot .. and it was delicious!! I was pleasantly surprised how easy and quick it was .. My family loved it .

Image of Christine Martell

Christine Martell says:

Loved this recipe! Made it as directed adding in can of diced tomatoes/garlic/onion as well as can of niblet corn. Also added a little bit of cayenne powder to it too...my boys loved it!

Image of Porlan Cunningham

Porlan Cunningham says:

This was the first recipe that I made with my Mealthy—and it did not disappoint! I followed the directions exactly and it came out tender and smelled divine! I did add a bit more salt after it was done cooking as I felt it needed just a bit more seasoning. I highly recommend this recipe for an easy and delicious weeknight meal. You won't be disappointed.

Image of Kristi Howard

Kristi Howard says:

Absolutely fantastic recipe! I only used wine to deglaze and did extra stock per directions because I didn't know if the sangria I had was dry red or not (not much of a wine aficionado). The broth is tasty like you've done this for hours. Veggies totally soft but held up during cooking, and the meat scrumptious! Definitely on my must keep list!

Image of Michelle Bellico

Michelle Bellico says:

Absolutely lush! My favorite beef stew recipe. This is the only way I make it now. It's almost too good!

Image of Judith Bullard

Judith Bullard says:

I absolutely love this recipe. I did add celery but, so delicious. This pot is one of the best kitchen investments I've made.

Image of Judi Cole

Judi Cole says:

I was surprised as how tender the beef was and not overdone. Veggies cooked to perfection. I added turnip and a few mushrooms

Image of MARCOS RODRIGUEZ

MARCOS RODRIGUEZ says:

Soooooooo gooooooood😍😍😍😍😍

Image of Kris Pepper

Kris Pepper says:

Made mine with a Elk roast and it turned out awesome.

Image of Ronaldo B

Ronaldo B says:

Fantastic. Followed the recipe closely, using Pinot Noir (Grand Conseiller 2020- France) and three 450 ml of Tesco beef stock (this stuff has 86% stock with everything from tomato paste to onion puree). Put in a good quality beef (plus 2 bucher cuts of stake - for 3 batches of flowered cubed stake browned in olive oil and butter in the insta pot. 10 out of 10 on this dish!

Image of Jocelyn Simpson

Jocelyn Simpson says:

Wow, amazing flavor. At first I was struggling to cook the meat (make sure to add a lot of butter!) Some of it stuck to the bottom but it ended up making the dish taste way better. The potatoes were incredible. I added a rosemary sprig on top and that really gave it a kick. Very very good meal.

Image of Josh Jackson

Josh Jackson says:

My family and I all love this stew! It's so good! Just a bit of advice, use the wine as directed, don't do the recipe without it, it's makes a differance.

Image of Melissa Bastarache

Melissa Bastarache says:

Loved the flavourings though my 3rd cup of liquid was also beef broth , as I didn't have red wine. The chunks of potatoes seemed large but were cooked beautifully however next time I will cut the large sized carrots into 2" chunks as mine were quite soft. I gave it 4 stars because it was really watery as a finished stew; I thickened it with a flour and water slurry to bring some body to it. The meat was so tender and tasty. I will definitely make this again!